Tuesday 20 April 2010

Wayne Says...

"'I am now more convinced than ever that the Heritage Mafia need their Zimmer frames taking away from them and their computers locked down....They, the heritage mafia, leave anonymous comments all over the place think they are being antagonistic...but really serve to take the argument away from real issues such as world heritage destruction and make it all the clearer that this is the reason why we are in so much trouble in Liverpool are the heritage pensioners who just talk amongst themselves....and stay anonymous so their wine and cheese evenenings wont get interupted.'

Here I am, enjoying a cheese and wine "evenening" laid on by SAVE Britain's Heritage, the Capo di Tutti Capi of the Heritage Mafia. The pensioner giving me his autograph is their Head Honcho, Marcus Binney, of whom I later wrote:


'Marcus Binney applauding the new Grosvenor-pool/paradise project has not judged it at all well but I suppose he had to be kind somewhere.
My own opinion is he must have come here on a sunny day and put on a pair of Rose tinted spectacles specifically for his review. They paved Paradise and put up a parking lot is how many of the natives see the new shopping centre, now the hype has settled down.'
"

Worth remembering that it was SAVE and the rest of the Heritage Mafia who stopped the demolition of the Lyceum more than thirty years ago, when I was just growing too big for my boots.
Meanwhile, The Liverpool Preservation Trust has achieved nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment