Friday 30 April 2010

Me Mam Always Said...

"If you can't take it, don't dish it out".




She usually said it when I was puking up the seventh pan of scouse*, but she might have meant something else.


Of course, I would never dream of slagging off a real, hard-working organisation or individual.

But then - I don't have to dream about doing it because the other Liverpool Preservation Trust blog doesn't have a problem with name-calling, playground insults, bully-boy tactics, threats of violence, half-truths, downright lies and wild jumping to conclusions, so I can do all that over there to my heart's content (taking advantage of Blogger's refusal to get involved with parody or satire of individuals -except when it's me), leaving this sister blog free for admiration from all my devotees.

The thing is, when you've made as many friends as I have over the years, you can never be sure which of them might be engaging in a bit of leg-pulling banter. I'm sure that's how they take it from me (at least, I hope it is, because a bit of legal scrutiny of the Liverpool Preservation Trust's mandate and methods might open a can of worms [a bit like the ones above])

But you know what I really hate? it's people who take my words and just report them straight out, showing me up as an idiot. One day, I'll have a blog that isn't the other LPT one, full of my ignorance and stupidity and beyond parody, then I'll show them.

Mam also used to say "Temper, temper!" but I'd stopped listening to her by then, because I knew I was right.

*of course, real scouse doesn't come in a tin, and vegetable scouse is blind scouse, but rest assured - this cheap knock-off substitute knows it when I see it...

No comments:

Post a Comment